Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Hot town! Summer in the city!

Pin It
Okay, so we aren't in the city.  We're actually between two cities.  But today was HOT.  I was being stubborn about turning on the A/C until the downstairs temperature reached 90F (externally, 96F but the "real feel" was 106F), and Hubby was coming home soon.  How did we, the Momma, Toddler, Dog, and Cat stay cool for most of the day?

There was a bunch of this:

 And a good deal of this:
The feet crossed lounge is her thing.
We have pictures of her doing this every few months, starting at her 19w ultrasound.
Back to this:

And once everyone was asleep, I made them a treat.  So between nap and (more) pool, there was this:



Ever heard of Frosty Paws?  They are "ice cream" treats for dogs.
The toddler is almost as obsessed with giving the dog ice cubes as the dog is with eating ice cubes.
Toddler also loves popsicles.  We have about a million different popsicle molds.
So, I took the idea of a puppy-and-toddler-friendly treat to a no-bake, summertime level.

I give you PTF "ice cream" treat!
(I couldn't come up with better.  Sorry.)

Many of the Frosty Paws homemade recipes called for yogurt.  I don't have yogurt in the house, it isn't great for dogs, and I don't want yogurt when it is this hot out, even if it is frozen.

Ingredients:
3 ripe bananas
3 TBS peanut butter
1 TBS honey

doggy treats (optional)

First, smash the bananas.
Then, mix all the ingredients in a bowl.


Fill your popsicle molds.  I used silicone cupcake forms for the doggy treats.  They were perfect.
(I made more doggy treats than baby popsicles.  In fact, I only made one popsicle for the tot. She has frozen watermelon wedges taking up mega space in the freezer right now.)

I also pressed one of Puppy's favorite kinds of treats into the top.   Because Martha would.


 Then freeze!  That's it.

These were rather popular.

If you aren't giving them to a doggy, add in a little cocoa powder.  My friend (and an amazing mom) makes her kids no-sugar popsicles by smashing bananas with a bit of cocoa powder, and they are fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment