Monday, August 13, 2012

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Pin It

Recently, V. started tearing the pages in her coloring book apart. (We've worked long and hard to ensure this didn't transfer to real books.) Today, as I prepared lunch, I heard a shredding noise and realized it sounded slightly different. It was nothing tragic by any means, but it was a new magazine I hadn't had the opportunity to yet read. (And by new I mean "I just realized it somehow ended up in the house, and may get to read it before she is 5.)

So, I set up a tearing center. I took one brown bag and made a "nest" and a second, which I cut the top off of and filled with various papers from the recycle bin (including the top of the brown bag). Then I sat down and tore up a little bit of paper and waited for her to join me. She did and after a while I left her to make what is a wonderful bag of strips and scraps for paper mache. Everybody wins.

I have set up a sensory bin for this afternoon, but V. is not quite awake from nap (I hear her, though, so soon!) and I'm still operating with my sole camera being that of my (old) phone. 


Here's a sneak peek at next week's bin:

I know what that looks like, but I assure you it is not. Not that I'm going to say what they are exactly. You will need to come back for that! I made them using coffee, grounds, flour, salt, and water. There are some things I won't put into a sensory bin.

No comments:

Post a Comment